But, that's not life like Jesus described in the gospels. It's not like He didn't tell us. He said "in this world you will have tribulations, but fear not, I have overcome the world" John 16:33. Like Jesus we too can become overcomers, even if we face our dreams deferred!
- You may have dreamed of a marriage made in heaven, but instead face a relationship that seems straight from hell!
- You may have dreamed of the perfect family, but instead trouble seems to be your kids middle name!
- You may have dreamed of a career that lasts forever, but instead pink seems to be your most popular color!
- You may have dreamed of retiring with financial security, but instead face twenty more years of menial labor!
One of life's toughest realities is dealing with a dream deferred! Some preachers may tell you to "name it, and claim it", but the only thing you have claimed is a life full of bumps and bruises, and a pocket full of lint!
So what do we do? Do we kiss our dreams goodbye, and never dream at all? My sister says we should DreamOutLoud, http://www.dreamoutloudtv.com/ but make sure your dreams are God-given and not your own. In the end His will must be done. His dreams for you will come true because He loves you, and His plans for you will come to pass. When you have a relationship with Jesus Christ, your future is secure, and He will sustain you day by day.
So how are we to live with this reality?
- Enjoy everyday as a precious gift from God!
- Thank Him for every blessing He gives in your life!
- Refuse to give up because games are sometimes one at the end!
- Laugh more!
- Love more!
- Learn more!
But never, ever refuse to dream again! Life can be challenging, but trust God, because if you do, in the end you will win! A Christian's victory can never be deferred!