Everyone who goes into ministry has dreams of doing great things for God! Great things normally mean:
- Preaching to thousands!
- Winning lost souls to Christ every week!
- Bringing revival to people who have lost hope!
- Reaching your community, city, state, nation and even the world!
As a new church, at our first Easter, Resurrection Service were amazed as over 600 adults attended, and 150 kids showed up! We were running less than 200 per Sunday to that point. Yes we planned! Yes we prepared! Yes we promoted! But this exceeded even our expectations!
And what a service we had! In most cases like this, it simply usually just a case of the "Creasters" coming to church! (those who come on Christmas and Easter) All things looked like we were way ahead of schedule and on our way! Thousands soon would be flooding in to this new fledgling church in the Heights! To our surprise the next Sunday, most returned! We had moved to a larger facility space just on faith, and in week two of our move we were still full!
One difference was evident! Our follow up service did not have the same, preparation, passion and excellence! We weren't ready to receive the large crowd. We "hoped" they would come, be really didn't "expect" them to come back...and the service fell flat! By the following week we were back to our normal 200 adults in attendance, and soon back to our smaller meeting place! Early tough lessons had to be learned.
The first lesson I learned, was that God wants you to be just as faithful in the small things as you are in the big things!
- Would we minister with excellence if 5, 10, 50, 100, 500, or 1000 walked through the doors of our fellowship? It shouldn't change!!
- We need to be just as faithful in the small things as we would be in the large things!
- People are not numbers! If God brings them to you... to be ministered by you, for Christ sake, they deserve your very best!
- Most importantly God deserves your best in all things and faithfulness in everything you do in His name!
God wants our very best in all aspects of our lives, especially in the small things! Will you give Him your best in the small things of your life? If you are faithful, you may see Him enlarge your territory! If you are not, take it from me, you may be a candidate for His remedial classroom curriculum!
Be Faithful in all the small things...AND WAIT ON THE LORD FOR THE NEXT ASSIGNMENT!