Monday, February 15, 2010

No Matter What...Be Optimistic!

We lived in suburban Minneapolis for four years in the 90's.  Minneapolis had a very small African-American community at the time, but we found a church in South Minneapolis.  Minneapolis is known for two things; freezing weather,  and good singing!  From Jimmie Jam & Terry Lewis, to Prince (yea.. I said Prince), Bobbie McFerrin, Janet Jackson and gospel great, Ann Nesby who was a member of the church along with other leaders of the group.  Each Sunday we heard incredible music!  Some of our choir singers were also in the group, "Sounds of Blackness"  They had a great run...but even great things come to an end.

Their songs were not spiritually "deep" but they did cause you to take your focus off of the things going on in your life, and focus on the creator of your life.    Sometimes when I am feeling down, I will play this song and get a quick blast of optimism! I remember that "I can do all things through Christ who give me strength", and that "in all things we are more than conquerors though Him who loved us"

I challenge you to do that today.  Listen for yourself and get a quick "cup of optimism."  You just may get the motivation you need to go one more day, or just take one more step"!  Let this song warm you, even on a frosty day!



"Optimistic by the Sounds of Blackness"

No comments:

Post a Comment