I’ve learned, as we “stand on the rock” waiting for Jesus to emerge victorious in our life’s drama, that there are 8 things we must do to experience the wonder of His grace and the peace that passes all understanding.
1. REJOICE… in the attributes of Jesus!
He’s so holy
He’s so glorious
He’s all knowing
He’s everywhere at all times
He’s marvelous and magnificent
He’s gracious and good
He’s loving and longsuffering
He’s tender and tender hearted
He’s the light of the world and the light of my life
He’s fully man and fully God
2. REQUEST… the mercy of Jesus!
Thank God He doesn’t give us what we truly deserve
3. RELAX… in the sovereignty of Jesus!
He has all things under control.
4. REST… in the comforting hands of Jesus!
There is truly no safer place you can be.
5. REPENT… of the sins that drove Him to the cross!
While you wait, change the direction in which you are walking and follow Him.
6. RETURN TO YOUR FIRST LOVE… His name is Jesus Christ, your Savior!
Don’t neglect the one who changed your life.
7. RECAP… the highlights you’ve had with Jesus!
Write it down so you will never forget all of the great things He has done for you.
8. REMEMBER… He’s immutable and will never change! “He will never leave or forsake you.” His promises will endure forever.
What God is ultimately trying to do as you go through your time of waiting, is to refocus your mind from the horizontal perspective, to the vertical reality. Jesus wants you to focus on Him by adjusting your thinking and vision towards godly thoughts and actions.
Paul reminded us of this when he told the Philippian believers these words. “Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you."
Rejoice in the Lord by Israel and New Breed