Saturday, May 1, 2010

Surrender and Say Yes to God

One of my most incredible experiences as a Christian was the Tuesday night I went to Prayer Meeting at the Brooklyn Tabernacle!  I was inspired!  I was touched!  I experienced the presence of God in a moving way.  One thing I learned that evening was to stop seeking my way,  but instead, surrender to His will!  That means simply saying yes to God.   Do you need to say yes to God in your life?  When you say yes, your life will never be the same.  You're in for the most thrilling ride of your life!




Perhaps the most difficult thing to do while waiting is summed up in one word…surrender!
But I haven’t accomplished what I wanted to accomplish.
But I haven’t done all the things I wanted to do.
But I still have work to do on the job,
with my kids,
at the church.
         
How can I let go and surrender if the job isn’t yet done.
What we inevitably find out is that God isn’t sweating the fact that you won’t
get all the accolades,
add more notches on your resume,
win the hearts of young people who think you can do it all.
But surrender is precisely what God wants you to do.                                                       

Surrender your will...
Surrender your dreams…
Surrender your plans…
Surrender and let God handle your difficult situation.

What you just may find is behind the disappointment, there just may be a blessing that God desires to give you, if you just let go. By surrendering, we allow Him to work out the seemingly impossible and unfinished business of your life situation.  Surrender is the first step to victory in Christ!


No comments:

Post a Comment