Not only have many been called to lead well, we have all been called to follow well! So here are a few thoughts on following:
1. Good followers are great finishers. They get the job done. Take projects across the finish line.
2. Good followers anticipate. They understand what needs to be done next before others, and are always looking for ways to make the process better.
3. Good followers criticize in private, and praise in public. Enough said on that.
4. Good followers are trustworthy. When given an assignment, a leader can be assured that it will get done. This is incredibly important.
5. Good followers are vision copycats. They take on, embody and live out the vision and mission of their leader, and of the organization.
6. Good followers make their leader better. They push their leader, and know how to lead up appropriately and intentionally.
7. Good followers lead themselves. They don’t need to be managed, and aren’t needy. They don’t need all the attention from the leader.
Following is not a dirty word in the Christian Life! Jesus said in Luke 9:23 "Then he said to the crowd, "If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me."
Thank God for men and women who are willing to follow godly leaders and the Lord Jesus Christ!
Even leaders MUST be good followers themselves. Remember whatever you do is not about YOU and not for YOU! Everything you do should be done for the glory of God! We must all learn how to follow well!
If you love Jesus...you will follow Him!