New King James Version (NKJV)
6 Be strong and of good courage, for to this people you shall divide as an inheritance the land which I swore to their fathers to give them. 7 Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go. 8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”
1. Be Strong - not physical strength, but spiritual. Recognize that your strength comes from the Lord
2. Be Courageous - step out in faith without doubt. Courage isn’t the absence of fear, but the ability to do what you’ve been called to do despite your fear.
3. Be Obedient - apply what we read and hear
4. Be Undistracted - don’t let money, growth, and acclaim distract us from serving Christ
5. Be Studious - stay in God’s Word at all times
Vs. 8 “ This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth”
6. Be Prayerful– develop personal intimacy with God. (pray, meditate, and reflect)
Vs. 8 “meditate in it day and night”
7. Be Thorough - do everything the Lord commands you to do, and do it well.
Vs. 8 “according to all” “ do everything”
8. Be Confident - do not fear life’s circumstances
Vs.9 “do not be afraid or dismayed”
9. Be Encouraged - God is with us. He won’t fail us
Vs 9 “the Lord your God is with you"
God gave me these as I began my life in ministry! Now I understand why! These attitudes, that carried Joshua, will carry you when the storms of life blow, and you don't know which way to go! Incorporating these in your life will change you and sustain you! May God use them to make you the leader He wants you to be!
Fearless by Anthony Evans (Son of Dr. Tony Evans)