The Bible does have a few things you need to recognize so you have the proper perspective on success God's way!
Success doesn't come because you have a good Heart!
- Most people think they are good at heart! I'm not saying you don't mean well. but only God truly knows your heart! Interesting, look what He says about it... “The heart is deceitful above all things,And desperately wicked; Who can know it? Jer. 17:12 God can! Most of the time, God chooses to use us despite our diseased heart condition!
- So many of us think that we are successful because we are so good! Yes, you may do good things, at work and in the home, but God knows that apart from your relationship with Jesus Christ, you really aren't "good"! Look at what He says in Romans 3:12 "...There is none who does good, no, not one." Success as a Christian stems from a relationship, not a reputation!
- This verse says it all...
"Remember, dear brothers and sisters, that few of you were wise in the world’s eyes or powerful or wealthy[a] when God called you. 27 Instead, God chose things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise. And he chose things that are powerless to shame those who are powerful." 1Cor. 1:26-27
- God doesn't need your wisdom to bring you success... What He's looking for is faithfulness!
- Obedience is the key that unlocks the door to success in God's eyes! Look at what He says in 1 Samuel 15:22...
- “Does the Lord delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices
as much as in obeying the Lord?
To obey is better than sacrifice,
and to heed is better than the fat of rams.
When we obey God's Word, and strive to work with all of our heart in anything we do... we are already a success in God's eyes no matter what the ultimate outcome may be! Our goal in life should be to obey God no matter what!
23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
By recognizing these 4 keys, you will be on God's path to success in life, while most others are solely relying on their own talents and ability! They may succeed in the world's eyes... just ask Steve Jobs and Bill Gates... but the question you should ask is... were they a success in God's eyes?
"Have Heart, Take Courage... and SOAR"!
8 Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:6-9Kirk Franklin "Before I Die" - How to Experience True Success in life!