Sunday, January 10, 2010

27 REASONS WE SHOULD TRUST GOD





WE SHOULD TRUST IN GOD BECAUSE OF “WHO HE IS”, and “WHAT HE HAS DONE!














1.    We should trust in God… for our Salvation
 Genesis 49:18 (NLT)  
I trust in you for salvation, O Lord!

2.    We should trust in God… because He is All-Powerful (Omnipotent)
1 Cor. 2:5 (NLT) 
    I did this so that you might trust the power of God rather than human wisdom.

3.    We should trust in God… because of his Miraculous Works
Psalm 73:28 (NKJV)  
But it is good for me to draw near to God;
I have put my trust in the Lord God,
That I may declare all Your works.

4.    We should trust God…because of He is our Protector
Psalm 18:2 (NKJV) 
    The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
    My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
    My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Nahum 1:7 (NLT) 
    The Lord is good. When trouble comes, he is a strong refuge. And he knows everyone who trusts in him.

5.    We should trust God because… He Hears our Cries
1 Chron. 5:20 (NKJV)  
And they were helped against them, and the Hagrites were delivered into their hand, and all who were with them, for they cried out to God in the battle. He heeded their prayer, because they put their trust in Him.

6.    We should trust God… because He Delivers us from our Enemies
Psalm 37:40 (NKJV) 
    And the Lord shall help them and deliver them;
    He shall deliver them from the wicked,
    And save them,
    Because they trust in Him.

7.    We should trust God…because He is our Helper
Psalm 115:9 (NLT) 
        O Israel, trust the Lord!
            He is your helper; he is your shield.

8.    We should trust God… because He Brings us Success
2 Chron. 20:20 (NLT) 
Early the next morning the army of Judah went out into the wilderness of Tekoa. On the way Jehoshaphat stopped and said, "Listen to me, all you people of Judah and Jerusalem! Believe in the Lord your God, and you will be able to stand firm. Believe in his prophets, and you will succeed."

9.    We should trust God… because He is our Defender
Psalm 5:11 (NKJV)  
But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You;
Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them;
Let those also who love Your name
Be joyful in You.

10.    We should trust in God… because of His Mercy
Psalm 32:10 (NKJV) 
    Many sorrows shall be to the wicked;
    But he who trusts in the Lord, mercy shall surround him.

11.   We should trust in God… because of His Strength
Psalm 20:7 (NKJV)  
Some trust in chariots, and some in horses;
But we will remember the name of the Lord our God.

12.   We should trust God because… He has Demonstrated His Faithfulness
Psalm 37:3 (NKJV) 
    Trust in the Lord, and do good;
    Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.
                   
13.   We should trust God… because of His Righteousness
Psalm 31:1 (NKJV)  
In You, O Lord, I put my trust;
Let me never be ashamed;
Deliver me in Your righteousness.

14.    We should trust God…because of His Goodness
Psalm 34:8 (NKJV) 
    Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good;
    Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!

15.     We should trust in God… because His Word is True
Psalm 119:42 (NKJV) 
    So shall I have an answer for him who reproaches me,
    For I trust in Your word.

16.    We should trust in the Lord… because He brings us Joy
Psalm 40:3 (NKJV) 
    He has put a new song in my mouth--
    Praise to our God;
    Many will see it and fear,
    And will trust in the Lord.

1 Peter 1:8 (NLT) 
    You love him even though you have never seen him. Though you do not see him, you trust him; and even now you are happy with a glorious, inexpressible joy.

17.    We should trust in the Lord… because He is our Provider
Psalm 34:10 (NKJV) 
    The young lions lack and suffer hunger;
    But those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing.

18.    We should trust God… because He is our Redeemer
Psalm 34:22 (NKJV)  
The Lord redeems the soul of His servants,
And none of those who trust in Him shall be condemned.

19.    We should trust God… because He Calms our Fears
Psalm 56:3-4 (NLT)  
But when I am afraid,
I put my trust in you.
4O God, I praise your word.
I trust in God, so why should I be afraid?
What can mere mortals do to me?

20.   We should trust God… because He is our Hope
Jeremiah 17:7 (NKJV) 
    "Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord,
    And whose hope is the Lord.

21.    We should trust God… because He Cares for Us
Psalm 112:7 (NLT)  
They do not fear bad news;
they confidently trust the Lord to care for them.

22.    We should trust God… because He is Trustworthy
Psalm 119:138 (NLT) 
        Your decrees are perfect;
            they are entirely worthy of our trust.

23.    We should trust in the Lord… because He is our Security
Psalm 125:1 (NLT) 
        Those who trust in the Lord are as secure as Mount Zion;
            they will not be defeated but will endure forever.

24.    We should trust God… because He Loves Us
Psalm 143:8 (NLT)  
Let me hear of your unfailing love to me in the morning,
for I am trusting you.
Show me where to walk,
for I have come to you in prayer.

25.   We should trust in God… because He Directs Us
Proverbs 3:5-6 (NKJV)  
Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him
And He will direct your paths.

26.    We should trust God… because He Gives us Peace
Isaiah 26:3 (NKJV) 
    You will keep him in perfect peace,
    Whose mind is stayed on You,
    Because he trusts in You.

27.    We should trust God because… He Rewards Us
Hebrews 10:35 (NLT) 
    Do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord, no matter what happens. Remember the great reward it brings you!

Purple w/lyrics by Donnie McClurkin

No comments:

Post a Comment